The early bird enrollment period begins August 22, 2016, and lasts through October 14, 2016. The enrollment fee during our early bird period is $145 per school.
The regular enrollment period begins October 15, 2016, and lasts through December 12, 2016. The enrollment fee during our regular enrollment period is $220 per school.
Schools may pay the enrollment fee by credit card or by check, with a $7.50 check processing fee being added for check payments. We do not accept purchase orders.
Schools that enroll in the 2017 Scripps National Spelling Bee program will receive the following benefits:
- user name and password for the teachers-only area of spellingbee.com (sample),
- grade-specific word lists and study lists for students in grades 1–8 (sample),
- study materials for your school spelling champion (sample),
- the 2017 Classroom Pronouncer Guide (sample),
- the 2017 School Pronouncer Guide (sample),
- the Rules for Local Spelling Bees (sample),
- materials to conduct a Great American SpellCheck fund-raiser,
- award certificates (sample),
- a free one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $69.95 value) from Encyclopædia Britannica for use as a prize in your spelling bee program, and
- key information about your local spelling bee program.