What is the origin of s-u-c-c-e-s-s?
You can find it by following these 10 tips along your way to spelling superstardom:
- For inspiration, watch the documentary Spellbound on family movie night.
- Keep a "great words" journal for every new and interesting word that you find.
- Designate a spelling wall in your home. Post new words to the wall each day.
- For family game night, conduct an impromptu themed spelling bee. Use a newspaper for a current events bee or
a cookbook for a cuisine bee.
- Do like Akeelah did. Spell and jump rope!
- Ask friends and neighbors to challenge you with great spelling words.
- Find a good luck charm—perhaps shoelaces with a bumblebee design or a special coin.
- Read great books. You'll be entertained while you effortlessly improve your spelling and increase your
- Scour the dictionary in search of words to stump your parents and teachers.
- To get all you can out of your spelling bee journey, have a parent sign you up for
Word Club or a
Word Club Season Pass.