Create the buzz
welcome to your favorite assignment of the year
Each year, the Bee welcomes hundreds of correspondents, photographers and video journalists from the D.C. area and around the world who tell inspiring stories of the Herculean efforts our champion spellers undertake. If you're a member of the media looking to cover the Bee in 2020, complete our online application.
Read all about it
- Spelling Their Way to Success — The New York Times, September 10, 2019
- How the Octo-Champs of the 2019 Scripps National Spelling Bee Have Changed the Game — si.com, June 7, 2019
- See the New Scripps National Spelling Bee Trophy Designed by Rookwood Pottery — Cincinnati Enquirer, May 29, 2019
- Inside the Year's Most Thrilling Competition — shondaland.com, May 24, 2019
- The Spelling Bee Isn't Just About Memorization — Cheddar, May 28, 2019
- New 4,000 Word Study Resource — August 15, 2019
- Bee Declares Multiple Champions — May 31, 2019
- Record Number of Spellers — May 21, 2019
We're here for you year-round, providing the who-what-when-where-how on the Bee's past, present and future.
Contact Valerie Miller,
Communications Manager and Media Liaison,