Help Make Bee Week An Unforgettable Experience
The Bee’s College Crew works in various capacities to contribute to a memorable and successful Bee Week. They answer questions, unpack and pack boxes, perform clerical tasks, set and reset event venues, attend meetings and rehearsals, serve as ushers and more.
Along the way, they form valuable networking connections and, in some crew roles, gain important experience in event management, media relations and communications.
Available spots for the 2020 College Crew are very limited.
Submit an application by January 24, 2020 to be considered for a position.
Crew members are not required to have experience participating in or assisting with spelling bees. Exceptional spelling skill is not required, but excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
An applicant must:
- be a full-time student finishing their freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year of college in the spring of 2020;
- provide at least two work or volunteer references;
- commit to arrive at Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, on Saturday, May 23, 2020, and depart on Saturday, May 30, 2020;
- not be a first-, second- or third-degree relative of an E.W. Scripps Company employee, 2020 national finalist, Bee official or Bee Week contributor not a part of the College Crew; and
- not have served in any paid or volunteer instructional, coaching or advisory capacity to any 2020 national finalist.